Thursday, July 29, 2004

Ditty for Teresa

I had heard of the "shove it" brouhaha, but I was slow to read of the background. Apparently, in her speech at the convention, Teresa Heinz Kerry observed, "We need to turn back some of the creeping, un-Pennsylvanian and sometimes un-American traits that are coming into some of our politics." A reporter asked her for specifics on what was unAmerican. She denied using the term and, when he pressed her, she told him to "shove it."

With apologies to David Allan Coe, that has earned Teresa the following ditty:
Get you gone and shove it; I ain’t answering you no more.
You asked me questions I don’t like, and that just makes me sore.
I’m rich and I don’t have to take your guff like I might if I was poor.
So hit the road and shove it, I ain’t answering you no more.

To reply, email texthepontificator at yahoo.com.

(doggerel)

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?